Jon Jones Explodes After Dana White Denies White House Fight Talks

Shimil
By Shimil
6 Min Read

Jon Jones has pushed back strongly against comments made by UFC CEO Dana White regarding the upcoming White House fight card. The former heavyweight champion says the promotion’s version of events does not match what actually happened behind the scenes.

White recently stated that Jones was never seriously considered to headline the historic event scheduled for June 14. Jones now insists that active negotiations were taking place and that the talks ultimately collapsed because the offer he received was far below expectations.

The disagreement has added another chapter to a long and complicated relationship between one of the sport’s most accomplished fighters and the promotion that built his legacy.

Jon Jones disputes Dana White’s version of negotiations

White made headlines during the broadcast of UFC 326 when he announced the lineup for the White House event, also known as Freedom 250. While the card includes several major fights, Jones was notably absent from the announcement.

According to White, the idea of Jones headlining the event was never realistic. He cited concerns about Jones’ health and reliability, explaining that the promotion could not risk such a historic show on uncertain circumstances.

Jones quickly responded on social media with a detailed statement challenging those claims.

He said that negotiations with the UFC were ongoing until just days ago. According to Jones, his team had been discussing financial terms with the promotion and he even lowered his initial asking price to help make the fight happen.

Instead of meeting somewhere in the middle, Jones says the offer that came back was significantly lower than expected.

Jones described the situation as frustrating, particularly after hearing the public claim that he was never in the running.

He stated that negotiations were serious enough that he had already begun preparing for the potential bout.

Jones reveals preparation for White House fight

In his statement, Jones explained that he had already started taking steps toward a full training camp.

He revealed that he recently underwent stem cell treatment to address ongoing hip issues and improve his readiness for competition. According to Jones, the treatment was part of a plan to prepare for the White House event.

Training camp was reportedly scheduled to begin immediately.

Jones acknowledged that arthritis in his hip does cause pain. However, he pushed back on the suggestion that the condition makes him unable to compete.

He questioned the logic behind the UFC’s stance.

Jones asked why his health suddenly becomes an issue if he rejects a contract offer, yet would seemingly not matter if he had accepted the proposed pay.

Alex Pereira fight discussions reportedly took place

Reports from multiple insiders suggest the UFC initially explored a massive matchup between Jones and Alex Pereira for the White House event.

Both fighters had previously expressed interest in facing each other. Pereira’s rapid rise through multiple divisions made the fight an attractive option for a historic card.

However, negotiations appear to have stalled before any official announcement could be made.

Instead, the UFC confirmed that Pereira will face Ciryl Gane for the interim heavyweight title on the same card.

The decision effectively removed Jones from the event’s spotlight.

Jones asks the UFC to release him from his contract

Following the public disagreement, Jones made a bold request.

If the UFC truly believes his career is finished, he said, the promotion should release him from his contract immediately.

Jones emphasized that he is not interested in ongoing public narratives about his future if the promotion no longer intends to use him.

A potential free agency move would instantly create opportunities for major crossover fights outside the UFC.

One scenario often discussed involves a long rumored matchup with Francis Ngannou. With Ngannou no longer tied to the Professional Fighters League, the possibility of a bout between the two heavyweight stars would attract enormous global attention.

Still, any such move would depend entirely on whether the UFC chooses to grant Jones his release.

A complicated relationship reaches another turning point

Jon Jones remains one of the most decorated fighters in UFC history. His championship reigns across two divisions and numerous title defenses helped define an era of mixed martial arts.

However, his career has also included long stretches away from competition, contract disputes, and controversies outside the cage.

The current disagreement with Dana White reflects the complicated nature of that relationship.

While the UFC moves forward with the Freedom 250 card, Jones has made it clear that he believes the public narrative around his absence does not reflect the full story.

For now, the situation remains unresolved.

Whether Jones returns to the Octagon, sits out the remainder of his contract, or eventually finds a path to compete elsewhere could become one of the most closely watched developments in the sport during the months ahead.

Follow FIGHTCORE for more updates.

Share This Article

Discover more from FIGHTCORE

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading